(That title should read “Immense Frsutration of a Book Lover”)
The sequence of events…
- Uncommitted Saturday with a reasonably good book to finish.
- Spend most of the morning in bed reading, get dressed, then continue to read through lunch and into the early afternoon.
- Realisation, as the book is ending, that there must be a sequel.
- Book finishes.
- Quickly jump onto the local library website to find the next book (expecting to have to order it in from another library)
- Local library service HAS the next book…AND it is available to borrow!
- Decide to make myself presentable for the quick trip to the library to get the book.
- Daydream of the rest of the afternoon delving into the next part of the story.
- Check the opening times for the library and realise the library has CLOSED!
- Mentally count the hours until the library reopens, and think of the bleak hours ahead that COULD’VE been spent reading!!