Project 52: A photo of my children every week, for the whole year.
I can’t believe I made it through the whole year and successfully completed this challenge. Granted some posts were late and I often struggled with capturing the images, but overall it was a great experience.
I had decided not to continue with the project next year, simply because of the difficulty of getting good images of the kids and the pressure of managing a deadline amongst full time work, but instead I think I’ve talked myself into an even more difficult challenge!
I’m considering whether I should undertake my own ‘Capture your 365‘. I wont be joining any online galleries or forums, simply I plan to take a photo every single day of the year. Note that I said PLAN! I read the other day that most New Years’ Resolutions fail because people deal in absolutes and don’t give themselves any leeway. Well here is my leeway…
- I plan to take a photo every single day of 2015.
- It will be a photograph of anything that takes my fancy; the kids, flowers, architecture, etc.
- The photos might be black & white or colour.
- I will almost certainly miss days and need to catch up with extra photos on other days.
- I hope to use my good camera to take lots of these photos, but for ease and convenience, most will be taken with my iPhone.
- I’ve googled some prompts for days when I lack inspiration.
- I hope to post the photos here on M&A’s World at the end of each month.
So that’s my PLAN. I still have 3 days to change my mind and chicken out, but I think I like the idea of it. It means I’ll be posting much less here, but I’m hoping my archive of images will increase so much that I’ll be able to join in on the Weekly Photo Challenges more, which seem to get the most traffic.
Anyway, since this was supposed to be a Project 52 wrap up, here are some of my favourite images from the past year!