***FROZEN Spoiler Alert***
Disney have outdone themselves this time with their movie FROZEN. Apart from the usual quality that comes from Disney, there’s a few more reasons that this has become the firm favourite in our house!
- It’s set in a land that gets turned to ice and snow…perfect for our days of 40+ degrees where it’s too hot to do anything but dream of wading through snow like the characters.
- There’s loads of clips on YouTube to watch. We’ve gotten to the point where it’s just plain obsessive if we see Frozen again, so YouTube helps us with our fix!
- There’s lots of catchy songs. Disney sometimes go overboard with cutesy songs, and Frozen sure has loads. But we aren’t afraid to sing at the top of our lungs with ‘Do you wanna build a snowman’ and Idina Menzel’s version of ‘Let It Go’! (Much better than the chick who has released the CD version)
- The non-talking reindeer and quirky snowman are hilarious and keep the adults entertained with jokes well above the kids heads! Disney are getting really good at this.
- There’s a love story but it’s not the main focus. The ‘act of true love’ that saves the day is not between the boy and girl, but the love of sisters instead. It’s a nice change from the typical “have to find a man to make the world right” philosophy that smothered earlier Disney films.
Anyway, if you haven’t seen it, do! It’s worth it 🙂
Gotta go…I’m tuning up my voice for another song session!!