I’ve been off the grid for a while…work, sickness, exhaustion…many reasons. But the countdown has begun…for many more reasons!!
- Only 7 days of work left until school holidays begin…enough said…I’m buggered!
- It’s 11 days until my baby turns 2. He started the terrible two’s about 6 months ago, but when he is at his best, he makes my heart sing and the smile can’t leave my face 🙂
- If it’s 11 days until Alex’s birthday, then it must be 12 days until Christmas Day. The kids are excited about it all this year. They are at the age where the magic is beginning. We have an elf living with us at the moment (thanks Belinda for the idea!!). He flies home to the North Pole each night and tells Santa if the kids have been naughty or nice…a great incentive for them at the moment. Plus it’s loads of fun looking for his new hiding place each morning!!
- New Years Eve is in 19 days- nothing special really except I’ll get to catch up with a friend I haven’t seen in ages, which will be nice!
- My principal meanly reminded us that school starts again in about 8 weeks!! How cruel to do this so close to holidays starting! But I am looking forward to tackling Prep again, with a new group of people to work with.
- 8 weeks and a few days until my little girl starts 3yr old kinder! We went to orientation today and she loved it. A few friends we already knew and so many more ready to make next year. I bought her a new kinder tshirt (which is miles too big for her!!) and can’t wait to see her in it. She’s growing up so fast and I love seeing her mature, but I also want to hold onto every moment and milestone for as long as possible.
So with all this forward thinking and also reflection on a crazy, busy, momentous year…it’s no wonder I’m exhasuted. I’m looking forward (haha) to being able to just “be”!